Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have recently replaced all of the wiring harnesses in our 65 Coupe including the under dash, headlight harness, taillight harness, alternator feed, etc. These were replaced with the original style feeds/fuse panel from CJ Pony Parts. All was working well when suddenly the courtesy lights have all gone out as well as the water temp. gauge which reads cold with the needle pinned all the way to the left. I have checked the fuses and all seem to be intact. The headlight switch was replaced at the time of the under dash harness. I am at a loss and extremely frustrated to say the least. I thought by replacing everything at once it would fix the electrical gremlins that had plagued the car. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) The water temp gauge problem is probably the sending unit. You can unplug the wire from the sending unit and ground it out with the key on and, if the gaige pegs to the right, the sending unit is the problem. The courtesy lights could be any of a number of things, and the only way to track it down is start by checking both ends of the fuse for power with a volt meter and go through the system, one step at a time and find where the break is. Hope that helps. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts