Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the funds are available ide like to repaint the car. Im toying with two options and both of which include removing all modling and emblems and adding a Shelby hood.

Opt A) Keep it red, add the hood and remove all moldings/emblems

Opt B) Repaint it white/blue stripes, add the hood, the R-model apron and remove all molding/emblems

My questions are these for those who know or have already done it... What are the colors for the Shelby? And what would it cost? Im not looking for a trailor queen/show car paint job, just a good oem/driver paintjob. There are only a couple of body shops in town and none of which ide trust the job to so ill have to take it out of town somewhere. Im just trying to geta ballpark figure. I know here is some extra labor involved for the removal of the moldings/emblems. Any info would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I know they used wimbledon white. If it was Wimbledon White, then it got blue stripes. They also used red (I think its Rangoon). If it was red it got white stripes. Then in 66 they added Sapphire Blue metallic, and Raven Black to the line up, although the cars painted that colour were the G.T.350H models. They got gold metallic stripes.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, what i was asking was on the white one with blue stripes, what color are the blue stripes.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Guardsman blue Mustang code F, Fewer than 200 cars were shipped from Shelby with the Lemans stripe. But I have a question for you if your car is a documented 48,000 original why change it? :headscratch:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(42,152 when i got it, only in th last 10 years has it reached the 48k mark.) Becase i dont car about it. Its not a car im going to sell it. This was my first car and Ive always wanted to make it a little bit of a street rod so now that i finished my other project im gonna finish this one.

The suspension will be on by next week. It been laying around in boxes for years so thats needs to go first. Then will be heads and cam(cant make up my mind). After that, im not too sure. Ive always wanted some shiney pulleys so some March pulleys might follow shortly as well. Then theres the lower gears, lsd, etc...

Thank you for the paint code/info. Big help there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts