Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
No it never was offered on the Fastback because Ford called the Fastback a 2+2, will it fit if you wanted to make it a 3+2, yes... But it was never fitted from the factory in a production Fastback.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not according to any Ford books I have.... So where are you getting this info on the five seater 2+2's?

The only time is shows up as an option is in 1968 under Code 63C or 63D. 1968 was also the first year for deluxe interior bench seat option. The deluxe bench seat option was carried over for 1969 but only in the hardtop and covertible.

Now could Ford have built a one off special for a promo, but more then likely a dealer could have swapped a seat for a customer, or a car over 45 years may have been modified (it does happen) but as far as a car you could walk in and order from the dealer, it was not even an option.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have only seen bench seats in coupes only, which would make sense based on the 2+2 designation.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
No it never was offered on the Fastback because Ford called the Fastback a 2+2, will it fit if you wanted to make it a 3+2, yes... But it was never fitted from the factory in a production Fastback.
Hello.:) Wouldn't that would be a 1+2? :headscratch: There isn't any mention of 63C for Mustangs in the Ford master parts catalogue for 65 or 66. There is a 63C T-bird interior, but, no 63C Mustang interior. This tells me that Ford didn't make any bench seat fastbacks. It is possible that some dealers made that swap for a customer, but that doesn't count when talking about factory options. I've seen a few bench seat fastbacks, also, but, Ford didn't do that. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.