Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 200 I6, with a Holley 2 barrel. Just had it rebuilt. The car ran great for a week. Now, it starts easy, idles really nice, but sounds like and feels like its misfiring etc, when you step on the accelerator. Its fine when in park and will rev just ducky, with no backfiring etc.

In addition, the headlight now flash on and off, for no apparent reason. I did rewire them to run on relays a few years ago, at that time I replace the headlight switch, so I do not think the light problem is that.

The car is due for a tune up, so I will be picking up cap, rotor plugs and wires on the way home tonight, (pertronix installed, so no need for points).

I'm thinking maybe coil? Do they go intermittent? I thought they were all or nothing. Any suggestions on what else to look at?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I think you're on the right path by doing the tune up. If it continues afterward, I would suspect your carburetor -- the rebuild may be off a bit. For grins, you might try turning the idle up while in park and see if adjustments to your fuel/air mixture screw smooths it out.

Re lights, do they come on and stay on when the car is cold, and then maybe start flickering when the car and the switch start to heat up? If so, very likely it's your switch. I had a similar problem -- aftermarket switches aren't always the best quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts