Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
Our family is the proud owner of a 1965 Mustang 2+2. We bought the car in 1974 and he has undergone 1 complete restoration and 2 upgrade / restores so far.
Right now we have just installed a serpetine belt system with electric fan. Also we are changing out the after market mechanical supplimental gauges with new electric guages.
There is my problem.
Where is the best place to get power for the gauges and fan thermostat?
I have been directed to the ignition by directions and from articles in magazines, but where???
We have no problem rebuilding an engine or anything mechanical, but when it comes to custom electrical work, we are stumped!
Does anyone have any input?
Thanks and glad to be on this site!

·
Registered
342 Posts
For the gauges, I looked under the dash of my 66 till I found a female connector that had 12v when the key is turned on. I installed aftermarket gauges (oil press, volts, water temp), and feed them all from this source. Common ground, the gauges work great.
As for the fan, the battery cable I use has a little wire coming off of the (end of batt cable) that connects to the pos battery terminal. I used that for my electric fan to power it, a relay actually turned the fan on when the temp was getting hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts