Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 65 coupe with the 200 engine, and when i first start it up it runs and idles fine, i just timed it by ear.. but after driving for awhile once the cars warmed up, if i put it in reverse it studders and shakes like its out of time, and my oil pressure drops to 25-30 as if its going to die... but this is only after the cars warmed up... any ideas?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
oil pressure is probably going down because the engine is stumbling and close to dying.

sounds like typical tune up related items. check your timing, replace all vacuum lines, make sure there are no vacuum leaks....replace the spark plugs and points if they're old....and if that doesn't help completely, time to spend some attention on the carb.

curious, what is your resting idle speed? Could be that it's just set too low too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im going to have to time it with the gun... not sure of my idle speed/rpms.. (i have to get a tach) i have new plugs, vac lines, points, ect... what i dont understand is why it studders only after the car is warmed up, before that the idle and rpms seem fine... ne idea on the reasoning behind that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.