Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 mustang with a 200 engine and I want to upgrade and make it faster. I want to upgrade it but I do not have enough money to uprade the supsension for a 289. What can I do?

·
Registered
41,828 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. You'll get answers in the classic section.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Classic Inlines makes a special 250 head which has an intake manifold that is seperate. They fit on the 200. Then they have 1 barrel, 2 barrel, and 4 barrel intakes that you can buy for it. Comp Cams makes high energy kits for it that include cam shaft, lifters, pushrods, timing chain, valve springs. And Clifford Performance makes a dual exhaust header so that you can have dual exhaust, but then you have to replace the driver side rear brake line with the steel one so it doesn't melt.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Also take a look a fordsix.com :bigthumbsup. You will find a lot of good info on modding the I6 :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
okay. this is definately my specialty. lol. there is a site called classicinlines.com. they have plenty of different intake manifolds that you can get but you have to get a new head as well becaus our heads are connected to our intake manifolds. it's all one part. but you can get 3 2 barrel carbs. or the one 4 barrel. you can also get it bored out 60 over and thats as far as you can go. it doesn't do much but every little bit helps. oh and welcome to the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.