Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has used these headers or know if they will work for sure.... Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

They seem to be a great deal, I just want to make sure that they're ok. I don't remember seeing them before, I just wonder if headman came out with painted ones instead of ceramic coated to make them cheaper. I know I've seen several headers that say they fit 1965-1969 mustang with 289/302/351w but usually I don't believe it. These ones I kinda do since they say swap and are "for a car that didn't originally come with a 351w"

·
Registered
181 Posts
my dad has a 351w stroker in his 65 fastback i asked him and he said its best to just take you car to a exhaust shop and have custom ones made like him just to make sure they work

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like it would be way more than $180+shipping.

·
Registered
181 Posts
maybe... i got a whole custom bent system with flowmaster for $380 on my 1969. Just a idea do what you want.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Those headers only fit the cars that came with a 351W from the factory.... They are not for engine swaps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those headers only fit the cars that came with a 351W from the factory.... They are not for engine swaps.

Wait, Mine or the summit ones? or both?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wait, Mine or the summit ones? or both?
The Summit headers. You have to look under the "Application" tab to see what they fit.....

Your headers from Mustangs Unlimited will work for the swap - but not with toploader 4 speed transmission.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So maybe getting custom ones made sounds good now? Yeah

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running a T-5 anyway so it looks like the mustang's unlimited ones are the ones I'm getting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the reason you cant run those headers with a four speed is because the clutch linkage would interfere. unless your keeping the original linkage in the car and adapting it to the t-5 those headers will fit

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm going to put those in my 66, during the mark up phase they fit but had to heat up the driver side headder and move it 1/2 inch away from the AOD trans. change my mind since and going with a t5 and they fit has well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, thanks for the experience derived answers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts