Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt a 200 6cyl engine for a driver, bored 40 over, everything else went back standard, have a rebuilt 1100 carb just rebuilt by Pony carbs, has a significant vibration that begins about 2300 rpm and worsens, put a late model distribitor from 72 which helped some, it has been suggested that the carb is the issue and I need to put a new 2 barrell weber and a port divider in the head to divide 3-4 cylinder exhaust port, also recommended msd distribitor. This is a well balanced motor by a machinist that has built several engines for me so I don't think it is a balanve issue as it is smooth up to 2300 rpm. Any help or suggestions on this engine. thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think all the forum readers may be having difficulty with your fault description. Are you actually having an out of balance vibration problem or a mis-fire in the engine? Please be more detailed about the problem. There are alot of smart folks on this forum. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well, till you provide more info, I can say this. You don't need a 2V Weber, port divider or MSD distributor. Missing can feel like a vibration. Carb could be an issue if it's still an SCV carb with that later distributor. Talk to Pony about you have. Distributor, if point gap/dwell is wrong, it could be showing up at higher rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts