Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 mustang and i am replacing the brake line that runs from the engine bay to the rear. There are clips on the brake line underneath the car and there is no bolt to take them off and I don't know how to get them. Please help thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
The originals screw in, those look like a plastic replacement. Can you squeeze the two teeth in and pop the lines out? Looks like the undercoating could be causing the problem removing them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The originals screw in, those look like a plastic replacement. Can you squeeze the two teeth in and pop the lines out? Looks like the undercoating could be causing the problem removing them.
Sorry, I was wrong. These have a metal pin that pops through the bracket to attach it to a hole in the pan. If you pull the carpet you can get to them. But that means, pulling the drivers seat out, door sill plate, and seat belt anchor to get the carpet rolled back. You may be time ahead shearing the pin off, or cutting the bracket open, to get the old line out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if you can do it with all of the undercoating on there, but i just snapped them out of the clip with removing the clip. The new line and the fuel line snapped right back in. No issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Use a screwdriver to pry apart the connector on the underside. I didn't figure out how to remove them until I looked at the new replacement. When you install, you put pliers on the end and squeeze and it opened the end inside the car to clamp in place.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The little slot between the two raised pieces in like an X. With them squeezed together, the part inside the car spreads apart. When you pry what you see apart, the inside part closes and you can pull it out. Plan on buying new ones. While it worked to get mine out, almost all of them weren't in good enough shape to re-use.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part of the break line that goes into the engine bay is giving me a hell of alot of trouble going into the reciever. Any advice?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts