Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the midst of a c4 to t5 trans swap and i'm can't find a clutch pedal and brake assembly for a decent price. My question is if the 3-4 speed oem clutch pedal assembly will work with my new 5 speed. also, if anyone knows where to find one (it doesn't need to be perfect...) and a clutch cable assembly for a budget build, let me know...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
A basic clutch pedal for a 65 mustang will work just fine. Also, Ron Morris sells a clutch cable kit, as does Modern Driveline. From what I've seen, clutch cable kits cost at least $200. It is possible to modify the stock linkage to work with the T5's bellhousing, though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
1965 Mustang: I have also been considering converting my C4 to a T5...what clutch linkage are you supposed to use (65-66 or 86-93)? Does anyone have a good tech article source on this swap?

Also what are some of the pros and cons of running a C4, T5 or Toploader (i.e. members experiences)?

I know personal preference, driving style,etc...I'm just curious to hear what everyone else is running :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.