Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car; 65 Mustang w/88 5.0 carbed.

I have 2 questions>

I have an original manual car that was converted to an automatic. I'm now converting it back to a manual/T5 Swap. It has the brake assembly in the car/it may be the original assembly/minus the clutch pedal. How can I tell/what parts do I need?

Sometime ago I converted to a later Mustang Throttle Cable style accelerator pedal. It just doesn't seem to work very well. What options do I have?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The original automatic brake pedal pad was wider than the manual shift brake pedal pad. If yours is small like the clutch pedal then you're good there. Otherwise you;ll need both pedals. then you have the upper clutch rod that goes from the clutch pedal to the belcrank. You will need the belcrank and it's 2 pivots and the lower clutch rod. Also the 2 boots one for the upper rod going through the fire wall and the boot going over the clutch release arm...which you will need too. Next is the bell housing, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and return spring and a change of speedo cable gear ( the teeth run the opposite direction).
As far as the throttle, I would go back to stock- less headaches. All these parts can be had fairly cheap if you are not in a hurry. I bought the pedals for $60 needing to be rebuilt but saved a ton of cash.:bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts