Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Mustang convertible from 1965 has got the standard interior door panels with standard armrests and a manual 4 speed gearbox.
I'm 6'4" (194 cm) so while using the clutch, my long bent left leg gets chafed by the armrest.

My question is if it would make any difference if changing the door panels, armrests etc. to the de luxe/Pony version?
Would the Pony armrest portrude less than the standard one? It at least looks less edgy...

Best regards,
Hazzea

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The pony armrest will stick out a little more than the standard one (nearly touching the seat) but the pony armrest is well rounded and becomes part of the door trim as it wraps around the back and up over the top before it tapers into the door card. So there are no sharp edges for your leg to rub on.
Remember to get the longer clips to hold the card to the door if you get pony trim.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer!
Then it sounds like a good option to change to the Pony interior!

By the way, do you know where to find a complete list of items required for the interior change (I'm only considering to change the door panels, handles etc.)?

Best regards,
Hazzea

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Best option is one of your many parts suppliers there in the USA. NPD, CJ Pony etc. Maybe even try eBay.
One of your fellow patriots would give you a better idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts