Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 Mustang Coupe, I recently blew the spider gears in the axle:bigthumbsup haha. The axle is a 7.25 Ford axle, everything else is fine, ring and pinion doesn't even have a knick in them, axle shafts straight gears fine, bearings fine, just the spider gears are gone. I'm going to upgrade to a ford 9 inch and was wonder what I could sell the 7.25 with blown spiders gears at? I can't even find where to buy these axles online, been searching so that I can get a good starting price to sell at. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nobody had any interest in mine. I don't know what other cars they're used in but it seems that anyone with that rear end is doing the same thing you're doing- upgrading to an 8 or 9 inch. Maybe there's more of a market in Texas, but mine was worth scrap.

·
Registered
582 Posts
What you have is worth whatever it weighs as scrap metal. Wouldn't be worth much more if it weren't trashed. Believe me, if you trashed the spider gears, there is more damage than you are seeing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, well I guess I could hold onto it... could be very useful in holding down concrete in my garage haha :nogrinner maybe someday someone will buy it when they can't find a 7.25 and they want a nut and bolt restoration. ooh I know, I could hang it on the garage wall as a decoration till that day!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts