Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this week has been a busy one. Monday i started drilling out spot welds. I did it the wrong way before the right way. I tried drilling the top half and cutting the bottom. When i got it off i didnt have access to all areas in there so i continued drilling the lower half out. All in all if was pretty simple. It was intimidating for sure though. here are some pictures to help anyone that is thinking of the same thing. Welding the spot welds and grinding took the longest.

Attachments

·
Registered
920 Posts
All that work and you didn't even need to replace it? I guess you insured that it won't ever happen. Mine is original and does not leak but I wonder what kind of crud is piled up in there.

Maybe I could get in thru the top vents with a narrow tube nozzle and blow things around?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Samuel, What is the second picture of? Looks like a bunch of debris. I did not see this in the first picture.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the second picture is the vent. that was a close up and all the debris that hadnt blown out. I didnt know what was under there. but i figured before i paint i would do as much as i could to insure longevity. My first time doing rebuilding car too so the average person probably would have left it. Was pretty easy in the long run. it was scare taking it so far apart though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts