Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my questions. A little history about my car. It's a 65 coupe that was in a garage fire a few years ago. It was sold as salvage. The car appears to have had a complete restore?, they put a 68 302 and an automatic in it. The car's tag calls for a three speed with a 2 barrel 289. I put the three speed back in it and went through the 302, new cam, lower end bearings seals, intake, headers (all the fun stuff). The chrome on the car, bumpers etc., were all discolered from the fire. The paint somehow escaped any damage. There was soot in the interior which cleaned up nicely along with a good rub out and wax on the paint. The front end was all replaced by the restore, all of the rubber on the tie rod ends, ball joints is new along with the color of the metal on the drag link etc. It looks like all the parts are new. All the rubber was not effected by the fire, it appears to be in very good shape. I've replaced the bumpers, mirrors, gas cap and tail lights. So I've kind of been through the entire car cheking for damage and can't find any. The only thing I can think of would be the spings insulators you talked of, I will check those. I think maybe to check all bolts on the sheet metal again may be prudent as you said your bumper was tight but there was still a problem. Again thanks for your reply and I'll be back to tell of my findings.