Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site so this is my first post and i have a lot of questions. I bought a 1965 mustang inline 6 with 4 lug wheels. I'm hoping to eventually upgrade to a smallblock v8 (like a 302 or a 351) but for the time being I'll use the I6. I do want to swap out my four lug drum rotors for a larger 5 lug rear end with disc and a 5 lug swap in the front. I'm a college student so the cheaper the better as long as its reliable. What type of swap should I do? Also I'd like to swap out my steering column for a collapsible one. Are there any other vehicles that i might find that would have a compatible one?

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I've been reading up on some of the cost efficient ways to change from a four to a five lug. The website you mentioned was one of choices I've been thinking of. I was also thinking of trying a Granada front swap if I can find one.
For the rear end I was thinking checking my local junkyards for a 77-80 lincoln Verailles or a 75-80 Ford Granada/ Mercury Monarch and rebuilding the brakes. I've just been reading on it so any information is greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.