Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My taillights stopped working. Any suggestions what to do? It's not a blown fuse. Checked both bulbs their good. Signals work and brake lights work, just no taillights? Anyone know what color wire is for the taillight portion running back?

·
Registered
831 Posts
The link provided by David will be helpful. Does your license plate light work? From the diagram, you'll see it is on the same circuit as the tail lights, which is fed from the head light switch. Notice the connector on wire 14 near the headlight switch? That could be the problem, or the switch itself.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ive messed with the small quarter window and its messed with the wiring, as well as if i changed the lights, even if they did look good, the new ones worked

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i HAD THE switch disconnected from the bezel to paint the dash and thats when they stopped working. Thanks for the diagram guys ;d im sure itll help alot. my horn also stopped working, along with my heater and my back parking lights have never worked...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solution! After 2 weeks of work

Symptoms: No tailights at first. Then horn, brake lights and interior lights all quit working consecutively. Me and my dad tore apart the whole electrical system looking for what might be the cause. Found lots of small issues )I.e spliced wires and wires twisted together. In the end it ended up that the headlight switch had gone bad! Apparently alomost all of the vehicles electrical wiring runs thru the headlight switch and if that quits working it becomes a major problem. So simple solution after weeks of work haha. As far as my backup lights never working its becuz they were never hooked up! lmao! The neutral safety switch (backup switch) is completely missing from the bottom side of my shifter! Thanks for the diagrams! They helped me to label all of the connections :yelpleased:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts