Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost done and this mustang is doing all it can to slow the process down. It has a mind of its own that is why I call her Isabell. Ok so I have purchased now two windshields from a company called pilkington, they have an office and warehouse here in Vegas. the windows seems ok, but I went to put it in, got it in and snapped on the passenger molding and a set of radial cracks appeared like magic, they were not there when I got it but I am wondering if this maker makes poor glass, or is there some special chant I should invoke prior to starting this whole process again. I am ready to eat the muffler off the car, but that probably wont do much good. Are there better windows than others, is there something that I am missing here. And yes I really did not do a stupid thing, like hit it with a hammer.
Stumped in Vegas,
Mike:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am almost done and this mustang is doing all it can to slow the process down. It has a mind of its own that is why I call her Isabell. Ok so I have purchased now two windshields from a company called pilkington, they have an office and warehouse here in Vegas. the windows seems ok, but I went to put it in, got it in and snapped on the passenger molding and a set of radial cracks appeared like magic, they were not there when I got it but I am wondering if this maker makes poor glass, or is there some special chant I should invoke prior to starting this whole process again. I am ready to eat the muffler off the car, but that probably wont do much good. Are there better windows than others, is there something that I am missing here. And yes I really did not do a stupid thing, like hit it with a hammer.
Stumped in Vegas,
Mike:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:
If I were you, I would pay to have the window installed. I've watched the window installer take mine out and install it twice and there is a lot involved plus unless you get a lot of sealer in where it belongs, you can get a leak. Also the headliner goes in there also. I think it cost me $80 and they came to my home and did it. For that money and with a guarantee, unless you know what you are doing, pay the money and watch for next time. Mustang Monthly had an article on it sometime back. You might be able to go to their website and back track it. I've never heard of that glass or company, but if it wasn't cracked before, its probably not the glass. I know that all you have to do is tap it in the wrong place, if it is not supported all around properly and it will crack. Been there, done that on another car. :happyhapp

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You is correcto, I called a local company, the guy brought a new window and installed it, he fought with the chrome trim but it is done, and it is not cracked, I am a little lighter in the pocketbook but I wont be adding more to that its done, thanks for the advice, you were right on the money. Did I write that sheez:happyhapp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts