Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My 65 mustang has what i am assuming are stress cracks forming where the rear quarters are attached to the roof (just below the rain gutters). I will get it fixed as it is in line with the rest of the car projects. But first. Can anyone tell me what the best way to fix it is so it will not happen again?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Subframe connectors. Keeps car from twisting during heavy accel. Have them welded in not bolted, for longevity and strength. Bolt them in if you plan on selling later, and transfer them to the next car.

here's a link, but there are several brands so search around.
Subframe Connectors - TCP

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
its a 45 year old car, it will have stress cracks. even fixed they will most likely happen again, not overnight, but they will come back.

·
Registered
786 Posts
its a 45 year old car, it will have stress cracks. even fixed they will most likely happen again, not overnight, but they will come back.
Subframe connectors will stiffen up the frame enough that they likely won't re-occur in your lifetime with the car, unless you are dragging it every weekend or taking every twisty bendy curve you can find. I agree though, its an old car, and these things happen to old cars. Its not if, but when.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. i will definitely put the subframe connectors on my wish list for when I start restoring it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts