Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 65 Mustang. The headlights work fine from the battery when the car isn't running but when I start it they go on for a few minutes then go on and off every at short intervals. The alternator is new. Any idea? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you replaced the voltage regulator? Usually located drivers side forward in the engine compartment. Sounds like a voltage regulation issue to me.

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gordo, the Car's voltage regulator is in the engine compartment, drivers side bolted just to the left of the radiator. Your looking for a black metal box bolted to the forward part of the engine compartment, the same general area as the cars radiator. The voltage regulator will be opposite of the battery. If you can't find it, I'll take a picture of mine for you first thing in the AM.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears I have a lot to learn. Thanks. Found it. I will change it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I picked up a new regulator from the local dealer and now all is well. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts