Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1965 Mustang Coupe with an unoriginal straight six engine that I'm having difficulties identifying. The previous owner said it might have come from a 71 falcon however so far my search has been unhelpful.

So far i think the id code on the block is:
D8DE 6015-CA however i cannot find anything online!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
D8 is Ford for '78 casting code, there may be 4 letters/numbers in a pill shaped stamp, that will be the actual date code it was made.
Jon

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Only other engine besides the 200ci I can think of would be a 250ci someone dropped. Quick way to identify that would be it would have four water pump bolts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So now that i've found out what kind of engine i have, im running into problems trying to find out which car my engine was originally in... Does anyone know how i can find out??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for trying to help! Unfortunately I don't have the original cars vin number so i cannot find out that way, and there doesnt seem to be my engine on the "Ford 289 and 302 engine block" page,

The only car I've found my engine in so far was the Ford 78 Grenada and there might have been one other but I'm not entirely sure! How can I order specific parts if I don't know what car my engine came from?

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
No vin makes it hard to really know,But is the car a 4 lug or 5 lug?4 lug means it was inline 6 5 lug means v8 most of the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright so i found out its most likely an engine from a 78 grenada or fairmont, phew! glad thats sorted! thanks for all your help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts