Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1965 fastback mustang and the emblem holes are not already pre drilled. I was wondering if there is a template or simple measurements for me to use in drilling the holes and installing the hood emblems F-O-R-D and the fender horse emblem and mustang 2+2 emblems? I already have the 289 emblems in place on the fenders.

Thanks in advance!

Greg
1965 Fastback Mustang

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
There is an article on Mustang Monthly's website on how and where to position the emblems. I used it when I drilled the holes for the FORD letters on the hood of my car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I looked up the Mustang Monthly article and can easily place the F and the D based on 6" from the right or left side of the hood radius and 1" from the hood's leading edge, but what measurement are they talking about for the O when they say "The O is exactly 1431/48 inches"? What measurement is that? Looking at the pictures in the links following my questions, it appears to be approx. 14 and 3/8".
Please let me know if you can. Thanks
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0105_how_to_pin_letters_on_a_1965_1968_mustang/photo_19.html
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0105_how_to_pin_letters_on_a_1965_1968_mustang/photo_20.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greg:
I'm looking for the template to place the 2+2 and Running Horse emblems. Have put the 289 on from the articles but need information and help with the 2+2 and Running Horse. Can you help me out?
Al

·
Registered
2 Posts
The V-Emblem is 4 1/2 inches from the front of where the fender attaches to the light bucket, and is 5 1/2 inches to the first stud on the V-emblem. The V-Emblem is 1 1/4 inches below the upper beltline radius to the top of the displacement numbers, in my case "289". If you want pictures of this install with tape display, please let me know and I will email them to you. huh.gif

If someone will tell me how to add pictures, I will be happy to do so.:)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If anyone needs help yet on the hood lettering, I haven't yet installed mine and can take measurements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts