Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,

I am doing some serious work getting the whole front end of my early 1965 Mustang to original spec. I am using George W Liskey's diagram I found on google/yahoo and so far the front end measures up to what the diagram says. The problem is that I ran into fitment issues with my old "sub frame cross member." (The tubular bar that bolts under the engine connecting the driver & passenger side frame rails)

The cross member is about 3/8ths off and am wondering if I should even try to use it again since there is a dent on the bar... a dent like if it would have bottomed out and hit something.

If the chassis is narrower than it should be, what problems other than that cross member not fitting will I have issues with?

Im figuring that Im most likely going to have to get adjustable motor mounts if this is true.

If you have measurements of a sub frame cross member I would appreciate it since it saves me a huge trip to my parts store.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Run the bar with a V8! it spaces the shock towers for proper fit and tracking. If it is off by 3/8" then you might have to use tooling to spead the chassis to get it in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.