Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I want to go with a bigger sway bar for the handling benefits. However, I am unsure with what size to go with, car is a weekend cruiser and is not tracked. Was wondering to hear your experiences with different sized sway bars. I've been thinking about the Addco 1" but I dont know if that is too stiff for the street and occasional canyon driving.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i wouldn't go bigger than 1" anything bigger will make it to stiff

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, I was thinking that 1 inch is the max, but how stiff will the 1 inch be? Will the 1 inch be too much? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I put the 1" sway bar in my '65. It is not too stiff for the street, and you will have much more fun canyon driving with it!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Believe it or not - you can tune the sway bar to some extent. Factory rubber style - to - the new black poly type - to - the urethane type. Soft to medium to hard....they will make a difference in how they work on the car. I would get the 1" and try the middle firmness bushings. If you find it too hard, you can get the factory rubber style on the cheap. Addco is/was great stuff. Back about 30 years ago, I stood in front of the machine while my buddy bent me up a bar. It is still on there and looks great. That's the thing about buying top quality parts - you don't need to replace them very often!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally agree about the quality part of your post! The one I am going to buy has the polyurethane mounting bushings and end links so I'll see how those work out, thanks for the response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts