Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when replacing most of the interior in my '65 coupe, I tore the old glove box to pieces when I removed it in it's fragile state. I've got a new glove box liner, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it in. It's bigger than the hole for the glove box. I even took the door of the glove box off hoping the cardboard liner would then fit in. I can't come from behind because the heater box is in the way. Any suggestions on how to get it in there?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got mine in from the back and it didn't go without some compressing it to fit. Unplug the connector in front of the heater box and duct tape over the contacts. I didn't tape over them and bent one a little and scratched the back of the box. I came in from the left of the opening from the back, got it up into place and then moved it to the right into place. Others may have done it differently and have an easier way, but I got it in with only a few scratches from the contacts on the connector.

I found it more difficult to get the screws through the dash holes and started into the threaded holes, especially the left and right edges because the box wants to push away from the edge. But I did get all the screws in.

Bill

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
They go in from the front. They should have perforated lines on both sides. use them lines to compress the glove box - like 65BlueHorse said - and put it in from the front. They usually get torn up taking them out.

Far as screw size, order a set from your fav Mustang supplier.

I fought with my glove box 3-4 times...all equal to about 2 hours. Then finally seen the lines on sides. Went right in then.

I hated admitting that a cardboard box was smarter then me. :yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.