Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am cloning my 1965 Coupe to a GT and need a little help on the location of the fog light switch. Does anybody have a good picture or measurments for the location, so I can get it as close as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hey, I actually asked this question a while ago. Look through my threads and there is a reply that gives some pretty accurate measurements of where to put the switch. (I personally don't remember, I did it over a year ago).

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Your welcome. I love having foglamps. It does make driving much easier.

·
Registered
913 Posts
There is a factory-provided hole in the dash. You can see the hex nut (but not the "FOG" knob) above the brake handle, to the right of the choke (also factory) control.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
David, that's NOT the factory mounting location for the fog lamp switch. It is actually mounted further up on the curved face of the dash. You have to drill the hole out for it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
David, that's NOT the factory mounting location for the fog lamp switch. It is actually mounted further up on the curved face of the dash. You have to drill the hole out for it.
I'll bet you a dollar it is. You are correct that most GT Mustangs came with the FOG switch mounted farther up, in a drilled hole. The hole I show was a correct, D-shaped hole, provided for the FOG switch, especially in convertibles with the power top switch. Ford later moved the switch upward, on most, but not all, cars. However, nothing says you can't use the original, factory stamped hole, especially on a clone.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ok, I guess it makes sense that they would move the switch for convertibles. Oh well, C'est la vie. I already drilled the hole. Plus that hole already has a switch in it. That's where I put the toggle switch for my safety silhouette light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts