Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a vibration in my car lately. After some investigation I see the headers (MAC full length) are hitting the shock towers, especially on the driver side. I have the early style motor mounts with the bolt going thru them. I removed the mounts to inspect. They're not broken bit they will not tighten to the point where they feel solid. Make sense? Oh, the clutch chatters some on takeoff too. It's a new spec 3 and is not broken in just yet. Any help is appreciated. :scratchchin

·
Registered
89 Posts
seems like the mounts may be allowing your engine to move around too much. How much clearance do you have between the tower and header?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
spec stage three??

I'd guess you're running between 500-700 hp then??

1. spec clutches are FAMOUS for chatter. Often it will go away after the 500 mile break-in period. Often it does not.

2. I don't know how much power you're pushing, but spec clutches are absolutely famous for destroying trannies. both gforce and tremec advise against their use.
The ONLY way I'd ever run a spec is if I had a really high HP machine that needed a clutch to hold 500+ hp. This could be your scenario, though...but take it easy, as that stage three will eat your transmission up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spec stage three??

I'd guess you're running between 500-700 hp then??

1. spec clutches are FAMOUS for chatter. Often it will go away after the 500 mile break-in period. Often it does not.

2. I don't know how much power you're pushing, but spec clutches are absolutely famous for destroying trannies. both gforce and tremec advise against their use.
The ONLY way I'd ever run a spec is if I had a really high HP machine that needed a clutch to hold 500+ hp. This could be your scenario, though...but take it easy, as that stage three will eat your transmission up.
I did the spec 3 because I have a stroker motor and a different transmission I am putting in the car that makes 500+ HP and will be using the same clutch and flywheel. It's overkill for this current setup but I didn't want to buy another clutch next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts