Ford Mustang Forum banner

1965 Mustang Headlight/ Headlight Switch Issues

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jaguars_fan 
#1 ·
I'm having some problems with my headlights or maybe the headlight switch in itself. My headlights and the headlight switch are fairly new, both being replaced when my Dad and I did some restoration a few years ago. Now, my lights don't come on all the time when I turn them on, sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to flip on. It doesn't matter if I try turning them off and back on several times, when they don't come on at first they take awhile of sitting in the driveway or driving for a minute or two without headlights before they come on. If anyone has any ideas or has had a similar problem please help me out.

#2 ·
:smilie Welcome to AFM. Great forum with very knowledgeable people that are always willing to help.

Sounds like your headlight switch is going bad. I've had a switch give me a delay before but honestly, not as long as yours. These switches are readily available from most Mustang Suppliers. In case you don't have one I'm giving you a link below for National Parts Depot. Just look up headlight switch. If you need help with the installation, let us know.

Just a word of advice. The type of question you posted should be in Classic Tech instead of Classic Talk. The Classic Tech section will get you many people with technical knowledge that will help you with things like headlight switches. If you need installation help, that's also the section to be in.

Again...Welcome. Let us know how you make out. :bigthumbsup

NPDLink | National Parts Depot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.