Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's and I have begun an extensive restoration on a '65 mustang and found not only a rusted cowl and floor board but also firewall. The firewall is good on the engine side but rusted bad inside. When we removed the cowl we also lost (do to rust) some of the firewall lip at the top. So now we have nothing to weld the new cowl to. Is replacing the wall to intensive and does it require a jig to hold things in place or just tack weldind in a few braces. We are new to the site and thank everyone upfront for the welcome and the much needed advice.Jim and Son's

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:AND:welcomeflowers:TO THE SITE.

Go to the top of your screen and click FORUMS then go down and click CLASSIC MUSTANGS then click on CLASSIC TECH. Ask the same question on there and I'll almost guarantee there's someone there that can help or knows someone who can. Good luck with the rebuild. Take progress pic's as you go, the guys on here will like them.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:hello: and :welcome , Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. That damaged area can be replaced, just take some time, sheet metal, some handywork and a welder.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Welcome to AFM... Glad you joined us!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.