Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch:I just rebuilt the engine and got it in, and got it started no issues so far. Ran it fri fine, sat it sat and sunday i was putting my mufflers on jacked up the car got them on tried to start it and nothing. the solenoid is clicking, almost sounds like my battery is dead. and if i didnt just drive down and have it tested i wouldnt know that it is fully charged. Next i figured maybe the starter, when i turn the key the starter doesnt do anything no sound, no start... Took it out took it and had it bench tested, its good, put it back in, tryed to start again, same thing. So? solenoid? Voltage regulator? where do i go next. Somewhere im loosing juice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Make sure all you cable connection are clean and shiny, getting good contact on your battery post. If all is good then my guess would be the solenoid. Good Luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
forget clean and shiny, make sure ALL electrical connections are tight including battery cables, also batt may be bad, dont rule that out. Clicking solenoid is a problem in the wiring from solenoid back to battery, (Loose connections, bad cables, weak battery)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
running great.

Yup i found the problem. After thinking the worst and troubleshooting for two days, it was a battery cable. The negative runing to the starter. $75.00 later and about 6 feet or new cables it runs great. Roller rockers, solid lifters, sounds like two skeletons forkin on a tin roof. Thanks guys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts