Ford Mustang Forum banner

1965 Mustang steering Need help

1126 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Veronica
!965 Mustang converted 6 cyl to 302. All steering is 6 cyl except spindles. The Hydraulic control valve ball stud had excessive right to left movement and was sheard off at the cotter pin hole. I removed the whole assembly,took it apart,and now I can't get the new ball stud back in the hole. I've looked in the shop manual,but the pics they show have a rectangle slot and mine it oval. Can't figure out how to get it back together. Seems like one of those Chinese puzzles!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Ended up returning the kit and getting a rebuilt unit. The control valve is actually out of a 67. I'm guessing the rest of the steering is also 67.The problem I'm having is the car wants to drift around on the road. I've replaced upper and lower arms,Front and rear springs,shocks all around,outer tie rod ends.The car was alligned with still the same problem. The steering box is tight with no excessive play.I just can't seem to find anyone local who can help me.I do belong to a club but just about all the members are older and don't work on their own cars.I really want to drive the car but because of the steering problem it's a safety risk. Thanks so much, Henry
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.