Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,185 Posts
Hello.:) It sounds like you've got the wrong stuff. The kit that you want is C2AZ-3A533-A. The ball stud socket is supposed to have a rectangular hole in the side of it. I really don't see how you could still have the original 6 cyl steering in the car with a 302 in it. The drag link would be hitting the oil pan. The person that actually did the motor swap would have had to change out the steering stuff, so who knows what you really have down there. Hope that helps.:)

· Registered
7,185 Posts
Hi again.:) As far as the drifting around goes, it is true that these cars did that when they were brand new, but the only reason that they did that was because they were riding on those bronze-age bias ply tires.:gringreen With radial tires on the car, it isn't supposed to be doing that. The most common cause is either un-evenly worn or under-inflated tires. I would check that first. Then, it is very common to see a 40+ year old car with worn out strut rod bushings. That can cause the car to drift around some. It is also a very simple fix, requiring only basic hand tools. Then I would check the ball joints on the upper and lower control arms. The bottom line would be that the car is doing that for a reason. Find the reason and correct it and the car will quit doing that. This isn't a car like an old corvette that's supposed to do that.:nogrinner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.