Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had to change my themostat but im not sure if i connectthe hoses rifht. So i change the themostat and clean the housing. When i put the themostat housing backni forgot how the hoses went. So i put the hosenfrom the thermostat housing to the lower entrance to the waterpump. I put the heater core to the top part of the water part.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
are you talking about the big main hose to the housing? This is a radiator hose that should go to the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the big main hose lizer. The ones im talking about are the ones that go to the water pump. I know one is from the heater core and the other is from the themostat hosuing. I forgot what they came off. Where does the heater hose go in the water pump? Where does the thermostat hose go to on the water pump ? Both hose are like 3/8 i think.

·
Registered
593 Posts
This may help. In this picture, the heater hose is attached to the water pump, but the bypass hose isn't on yet. The bypass hose is a short hose with a 90* bend that goes between the two visible nipples you can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok if all the enigne have to be put like that then mine is definatly wrong. I put the hoses on the opposite sides. Does it matter if it has a serpentine belt.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
So i had to change my themostat but im not sure if i connectthe hoses rifht. So i change the themostat and clean the housing. When i put the themostat housing backni forgot how the hoses went. So i put the hosenfrom the thermostat housing to the lower entrance to the waterpump. I put the heater core to the top part of the water part.
Hi,
One hose from the heater goes to the intake manifold. The other heater hose goes to the passenger side of the two connections on the water pump. The bypass on the T/S goes to the other nipple on the W/P.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Luis, the way it is set up in your images is correct. The way you were describing the hose nipples to me sounded like they were on the driver's side, but I see they are on the passenger's side.

You still have a reverse flow water pump if your radiator hose hooks up on the driver's side.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it matter which heater hose connect to what part ? Like does one heater hose have to go to the the intake manifold and the other to the waterpump ? Or does it matter which one goes where ? The heather core hoses the ones from the firewall ? Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i guess the old set up was right because its over heating past the 210 marker on the gauge

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So i did what you guys told me to . I have fix the hose like the picture i git send. However they car seems to react to the change. The car started to shake more and their is noises coming from the exhaust like if the car was farting. Any ideas of what it can be ? Im just stuck i bave no ideawhat makes it keep getting hot.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Luis1613, The serpentine belt and pulley shown in your picture are NOT reverse rotation.

The early serpentine setups have the belt grooves towards the water pump pulley. The reverse-rotation setups have the smooth side of the belt against the water pump pulley.

Did this pump and pulley setup work for you previously? If so, they should still work.

Have your cylinder heads been off, or any other maintenance done to the engine?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well i do not know what maintance the engine has had. So is the setup correct then ? I switch it like i was told. So i have no idea what i should donor how it should be set up. How do i know hownthe set up should be or which way the flow.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Well i do not know what maintance the engine has had. So is the setup correct then ? I switch it like i was told. So i have no idea what i should donor how it should be set up. How do i know hownthe set up should be or which way the flow.
The connections are all the same except the rotation of the pump used has to match the rotation of the belt kit used.

The reverse-rotation pumps I have seen all have the lower hose connection on the opposite side from a standard-rotation pump. There could be some exceptions to this, I'm not certain...

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Luis1613, The serpentine belt and pulley shown in your picture are NOT reverse rotation.

The early serpentine setups have the belt grooves towards the water pump pulley. The reverse-rotation setups have the smooth side of the belt against the water pump pulley.

Did this pump and pulley setup work for you previously? If so, they should still work.

Have your cylinder heads been off, or any other maintenance done to the engine?
the water pump is not reverse rotation even if it exits on the driver's side? That's where his comes out at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts