Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would not believe how many people want to buy this old car from me! Had at least 5 offers from people at work. All offering at least double what I paid.... anyhow...

It spent a few days at the car dr. We (my mechanic and I) thought the oil pan gasket was leaking. So I took it in for a oil/filter change and for the oil pan gasket. Turns out it was the selector shaft seal (for the manual tranny) that was leaking and running down the side of the tranny. So, after replacing the needed parts, no leak. And Johnny (mechanic) got a good look at everything under there, says if its not original, it looks it.

So after he replaced the neutral safety switch and flushed the tranny, i cannot even tell when it shifts!!! I tried feeling for it at 5 stop lights and 3 stop signs on the way home... I think I felt it once MAYBE twice! Man I like this car!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Good news but you lost me, it's a manual tranny and you can't feel it shift? but you are shifting it right? Minor fixes can have a major impact as most of them are just aggravations.

Two minor things I fixed right when I bought my car was new donut gaskets for the exh. manifold (from loud clapped out car sound to 'hey it's purring') and replacing all the bushings on the auto shifter so it actually clicked and stayed in a straight line vs. moving so much you'd think it was a manual shifter.
Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts