Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 convertible gets water behind driver side floor even if it is just parked. I have a cowl cover that stopped the front leak but don't know what is causing rear one?:)

G

·
Welcome to AFM! How does all the weatherstripping look? Are thare any cracks in the bottom of the door? It could be a lot of things. Maybe you could run a hose around the outside and see if anything works it's way in. Check out our classics section and you might turn up a search of a similar situation.

Keep us posted!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hello FELLA GOLDBERG,
First welcome to the forums from Medford, Mass.
This is a great place to learn about your car.

As Snackmaster points out, it could be a simple thing like weather stripping.

When exactly does the flood get wet? Is it just after a washing or rain? if so, you are
probably looking at a weatherstrip issue.

IF - -it gets wet on a dry day you need to check it out more closely.

The only main concern I have is that the fuel line runs under the driver side.
I know it is a long shot and probably not the problem but you gotta be certain
that the gas is not leaking.
In order for the gas to enter the interior, you would have to have issues with the floor boards. How do they look? I have seen where a floor board has rotted and cut the line.

Perhaps we will meet at a cruise night someday. I'll be the old guy in the 70 Mach. I will always be cruising with my wife. Hope we gt a chance to talk.

Print Dad

I DO NOT want to alarm you becuase it is most likely not fuel, but you must be certain. The interior would smell like gas and you don't mention that so I assume it is not an issue.
To be certain, I would park the car, place a white sheet under the driver side and be sure there are no leaks.

In any case - - you need to address the issue so that you won't cause rust in the pan of the floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.