Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just ordered a pair of door weather stripping rubber cause it is completely missing on the passenger side and I'm FREEZING! :nogrinner What kind of adhesize do I use to apply this to the door?

Thanks!

Warren

·
Registered
386 Posts
3M Weatherstrip Adhesive. Thats what i have used for all the weatherstriping on my 65 including the doors and trunk. And the weatherstrip will make a huge difference as far as staying warm. I replaced the old worn out weatherstrip with new ones and it stoped a lot of cold air.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I agree, use the 3M adhesive. I want to add that it comes in two colors, the natural yellowish color and in black. I prefer the black because it doesn't contrast with the color of the weatherstripping. Both work equally as well, it's just a little neater looking in black when the excess squeezes out on the edges. Just about all auto part stores carry it.

Make sure to clean all of the mold release agent from the weatherstrip and clean the mounting surface before you apply the adhesive.

Yes, it does get cold in Savannah. I'm freezing here in Jacksonville. Old man Winter has been working overtime this year, that's for sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
539 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts