Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I just out in a new wiper motor on my 65 coupe and turned the switch and it did nothing. The wipers never worked when I got the car. It has a new wiring harness in it along with a new style fuse box. I can see the last person put in a new light switch but the wiper switch is still original.
What can I check to see where the problem is? On the wire plug that goes into the back of the wiper switch - is there a wire I can check for voltage? And how about at the wiper motor itself? I have three wired that plug into it - white, yellow green I think. I just remember the order was light to dark colors of the wires. Why does this have three wires to it if it is a single speed?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Warren

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
You have an "On" circuit and a "Park" circuit in a single speed wiper. There should also be a ground wire someplace in the harness between the motor and the switch.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello.:) There should be an orange wire that's part of the main underdash harness that plugs into a short orange wire coming out of the wiper switch. That's the wire that supplies power to the switch. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts