Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just recently bought a 1965 mustang and i want to put on 05-09 headlights. would that be difficult or easily done And how would i do it?

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
You'll have to make brackets to hold them and do some cutting and metal work to make them look right.And then the wiring and using a set of headlight relays.On a scale of 1-5 its about a 3 and half.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll have to make brackets to hold them and do some cutting and metal work to make them look right.And then the wiring and using a set of headlight relays.On a scale of 1-5 its about a 3 and half.
What would I make the brackets out of?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Metal, becuase then those headlights would have to pass your state inspection unless its on classic plates. If I were you I would just upgrade your headlights. My headlights fit in the factory buckets but they are Xenon's and I don't need a relay for them either.

Here are 2 pictures of my headlights, one during the day, and one during the night.

BTW, that night picture was taken looking down at the front of my car which is facing down my sloped driveway, and those are the lowbeams. They were like $13 plus $30 shipping (the box they come in isn't exactly small). They included 2 diamond cut headlamp housings, and 2 Xenon replacable bulbs. You don't have to replace the whole unit, just the inside bulb like new cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Pretty much anything strong enough to hold them metal works best.Mine i just did a h4 swap its nice my low beams are enough for my country roads.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Headlight question:

dang 66sprint200 where did you get those lights? mine are terribly dim and need to be upgraded like yours. Thanks man for the help.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
dang 66sprint200 where did you get those lights? mine are terribly dim and need to be upgraded like yours. Thanks man for the help.
I got them off of ebay. Here is a link. It is a company called ProStreetLighting. They are great. I have had them since last summer. I still have a pair of sylvania halogen sealed beams in case a bulb ever goes out. 64 65 66 67 68 FORD MUSTANG EURO XENON HEADLIGHT KIT:eBay Motors (item 120443347315 end time Jul-31-09 18:50:05 PDT) Like I said, those are the LOW beams looking down at the front of the car. Whats really nice is you don't need relays for it. You just plug them in and voila, you have pretty white lights. I got them especially because my car is my daily driver.

And now I have upgraded the front end appearence with one of the "Sillouhette Safety Lights" behind the corral. Actually, the I changed the light bulb in the safety light, now its a blue LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Those are the normal h4 7 inch lights every auto parts store sells.But if you buy them make sure they are glass not plastic and get the relay kit too.

·
Registered
645 Posts
You could always buy the conversion lights.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Adding 2005-2009 Mustang head lamps is going to be a bit harder then most people think. Mainly because of the fender. You would not only need to find a way to mount it, but you would need to build metal or fiberglass filler panels to blend them into the grill and sone guard areas, as well you would need to figure out the headlamp door problem. That is why the shops that have been doing them have been doing it with 1967+ cars because the front of the car has the same basic shape while the 65-66 cars are more flat in the front.

I was just down at Autoworks International and got to see some of their cars first hand. If this is the look you are going for give Autoworks a call.
http://images.mustangandfords.com/eventcoverage/mufp_0703_9a_z+cars_from_SEMA_2006+autoworks_internation_obsidian_mustang.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.