Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a neighbor of mine who told me she used to own a 1965 Mustang with a sunroof. Her parents bought it for her to go to high school. She remembers that the car was purchased at a dealership in California and it wasn't some sort hack job. It wasn't one of those plexiglass bubble sunroofs. It was a canvas accordion type sunroof like the old VW's had. It's not a myth because I saw a couple pictures of it. I realize this is not a Ford factory sunroof, but does anyone know anything about this? Any idea what company installed the sunroofs? What dealership(s) sold them? Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was talking with a neighbor of mine who told me she used to own a 1965 Mustang with a sunroof. Her parents bought it for her to go to high school. She remembers that the car was purchased at a dealership in California and it wasn't some sort hack job. It wasn't one of those plexiglass bubble sunroofs. It was a canvas accordion type sunroof like the old VW's had. It's not a myth because I saw a couple pictures of it. I realize this is not a Ford factory sunroof, but does anyone know anything about this? Any idea what company installed the sunroofs? What dealership(s) sold them? Thanks very much.
well i myself have just bought a 67 mustang with a sunroof and it wasn't a hackjpb either best ive heard was when the 3rd gen mustangs came out that they decided to add t-tops to older ones

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) There were no factory sunroofs on 65 mustangs, there were no factory authorized sunroofs installed by dealers, Ford made no parts for sunroofs, and they had no program of any sort that involved any dealers installing them. Any 65 mustang that has a sunroof has had it installed by someone that had to either fabricate the parts themselves, or adapt parts and materials from some other pre-existing model of car. Ford didn't have anything to do with it and Ford didn't have any program of any sort that would in any way facilitate the installation of a sunroof on a 65 mustang. It would also be very strange for a dealer to do that to a mustang.The 65 mustangs were selling far quicker than Ford could build them, so dealers didn't have to do anything to encourage people to buy them.If you wanted the car as is, fine. If not, that's also fine. If you don't buy it he'll sell it 30 seconds later to the next person.With that being said, people do all sorts of strange things to their old mustangs, and some of those people are pretty good at doing strange things to cars.Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
65-66 mustang with sunroof from FORD

In 1965 1966 Ford exported mustangs to Europe with a "T5" emblem because they could not use the word Mustang in Europe. At that time Ford sent over two mustang coupes to Volkswagen to have the full cloth crank open sunroofs installed. One of the cars was destoyed in a car wreck in the 1970's and I have the other that I rescued from the Palmdale desert in CA were I live. It sat there for over 20 years in original condition still sporting Swiss window and tail panel stickers. This car is very rare being the only one I know to exsist. It still retains its full crank open sun roof that was factory installed!

I am willing to sell it for $15,000 USD in its unrestored condition. Anybody interested can contact me at 310-227-6860 or email: [email protected] Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
^ this doesn't look good at all, in fact it screams SCAMMER!!!

I'm normally reserved and would never post anything like this on the forum but being it's his 1st and only post here, mentions he lives in CA but has Delaware in his profile, has "USD" specified for funds, and the whole post is in BOLD ............well it looks real bad.

Martin, if you are real and are sincere about this car then I apologize but the way your post looks it matches what scammers have been doing on forums.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I Agree, looks like a scam

^ this doesn't look good at all, in fact it screams SCAMMER!!!

I'm normally reserved and would never post anything like this on the forum but being it's his 1st and only post here, mentions he lives in CA but has Delaware in his profile, has "USD" specified for funds, and the whole post is in BOLD ............well it looks real bad.

Martin, if you are real and are sincere about this car then I apologize but the way your post looks it matches what scammers have been doing on forums.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
El Segundo is also a strange name for a city in Delaware. I didn't know that the Spanish had territory that far north.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to this site. I rarely visit here. I am for real with this SUNROOF MUSTANG from GERMANY. If you have any doubt call me on my cell at 310-227-6860 or Email me at [email protected]
I could have sold this car tto a gentleman named Wolfgang in Germany over 10 years ago but I declined at that tome to sell. I have reduced the price to $10,000. THIS IS NOT A SCAM. Scammers dont leave good phone numbers or email address. This is a very rare oppertunity to own such a car! Thanks Martin. PS again, I rarly visit these sites, so its better to email me. I live in El Segundo, CA 90245

·
Registered
6 Posts
"Lets see it"
Can you sen me your email address?
mine is [email protected]
I will send you pics directly.
I do not know how to load them to this site.
I dont know why my account says Deleware when I have been in CA for over 45 years! Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) There were no factory sunroofs on 65 mustangs, there were no factory authorized sunroofs installed by dealers, Ford made no parts for sunroofs, and they had no program of any sort that involved any dealers installing them. Any 65 mustang that has a sunroof has had it installed by someone that had to either fabricate the parts themselves, or adapt parts and materials from some other pre-existing model of car. Ford didn't have anything to do with it and Ford didn't have any program of any sort that would in any way facilitate the installation of a sunroof on a 65 mustang. It would also be very strange for a dealer to do that to a mustang.The 65 mustangs were selling far quicker than Ford could build them, so dealers didn't have to do anything to encourage people to buy them.If you wanted the car as is, fine. If not, that's also fine. If you don't buy it he'll sell it 30 seconds later to the next person.With that being said, people do all sorts of strange things to their old mustangs, and some of those people are pretty good at doing strange things to cars.Hope that helps.:)
Hi again. :) Still haven't sold the car? I can't imagine why that would be. :headscratch:

I really don't know how to say it any clearer than I did a few years ago, so, here we go again. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi again. :) Still haven't sold the car? I can't imagine why that would be. :headscratch:

I really don't know how to say it any clearer than I did a few years ago, so, here we go again. :)
Really - I can't imagine why someone hasn't jumped on this - even a $5k drop in price - these people think everyone is stupid.

·
Registered
236 Posts
sun roof

I am new to this site. I rarely visit here. I am for real with this SUNROOF MUSTANG from GERMANY. If you have any doubt call me on my cell at 310-227-6860 or Email me at [email protected]
I could have sold this car tto a gentleman named Wolfgang in Germany over 10 years ago but I declined at that tome to sell. I have reduced the price to $10,000. THIS IS NOT A SCAM. Scammers dont leave good phone numbers or email address. This is a very rare oppertunity to own such a car! Thanks Martin. PS again, I rarly visit these sites, so its better to email me. I live in El Segundo, CA 90245
FORD EXPORTED MUSTANGS TO GERMANY,AS the T5............FORD MADE NO CARS WITH A SUN ROOF, NOR DID THEY COMISSION ANY TO BE INSTALLED.SORRY ,YOU HAVE A NON FACTORY SUN ROOF.SOMEONE PUT IT THERE.............JUST NOT FORD.THEY HAVE NO RECORDS OF ANY BEING MADE.SORRY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own one

I own a 65 coupe with a dealer installed sunroof. My wife's great grandmother got it new in 1964 with the sunroof. i dont have a lot of info on this but i was told that 55 of these were sold that year and as of 1977 only 15 were known to be still around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts