Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rewiring my 1965 Mustang six cylinder coupe with the american autowire kit and need to connect wires to the oil pressure sender, and water temperature sender. I found the oil pressure sending unit, but can't for the life of me figure out how a wire is supposed to connect to it. I attached pictures of everything. I'm also not sure if I found the water temp sending unit. It's a large bolt sticking up out of a metal box connected to some pipes on the driver side of the engine compartment near the firewall.

If anyone could take a look and let me know if I found the right things, and how I'm supposed to connect a wire to the oil pressure sending unit I would greatly appreciate it. My oil pressure sender is like this one Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Edit: the last picture is another electrical connection near the alternator, and I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Photo one: oil sensor Should have a pigtail like this and slides on sideways.

Picture 2:
Steering gear adjustment

Photo 3 appears to be same as # 1

Photo 4-Appears to be ground wire

Water Temp Sending unit; Should be be on intake manifold just behind the thermostat housing, and looks like the oil sending unit probably with the same connector.

Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photo one: oil sensor Should have a pigtail like this and slides on sideways.

Picture 2:
Steering gear adjustment

Photo 3 appears to be same as # 1

Photo 4-Appears to be ground wire

Water Temp Sending unit; Should be be on intake manifold just behind the thermostat housing, and looks like the oil sending unit probably with the same connector.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Thank you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts