Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1965 289 HiPo motor but the timing chain cover has a oil 'spout' but based on the hole sizes, it would take forever to add oil. The rocker arm cover has a breather, so what would be this be for.

Is it correct for this motor or did it come off of something else.

Best I can tell the number is C3OE-6059-???

Any ideas as to the correct cover. The motor is in a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Joel

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
hmmm, are you sure it's not the hole where the oil dipstick is supposed to go? The oil should go in where that breather is, unless the hipo's are different.

I thought this vid was you at first...

YouTube - 1965 Sunbeam Tiger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures & Ideas - Timing Chain

Please help identify the timing cover on this 289 HP 1965 motor? What might have this cover come on - appears not to be correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
:yelwacko: Welcome to AFM

Don't know if this will help you but here's a pic of the timing chain cover from my stock 65 289. Obviously different then yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I would check and see if that large tube/port/thingamadingy connects with the water pump passage there. It almost looks like something a third coolant hose would mount to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the thoughts

Appears the cover was for a 260 non emission for use with a alumimum water pump. It was definitely just a oil breather. We will be pulling out the 'spout' and replacing with a freeze plug as there is a oil spout on the valve cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.