Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys! So the engine has been dropped into the 'stang and I've been tasked with torquing all the nuts and bolts on the mounts. I found the engine mount torques quickly but can't find out the torque on the nuts that go on the bolts that are through the E Brake setup into the transmission mount. I don't have one of the assembly catalogues so I can't find it in those. If you guys have any idea of what the torque would be that'd be great. I was just thinking 30 Ft/lbs but I wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Hey again guys! So the engine has been dropped into the 'stang and I've been tasked with torquing all the nuts and bolts on the mounts. I found the engine mount torques quickly but can't find out the torque on the nuts that go on the bolts that are through the E Brake setup into the transmission mount. I don't have one of the assembly catalogues so I can't find it in those. If you guys have any idea of what the torque would be that'd be great. I was just thinking 30 Ft/lbs but I wanted to make sure.
Hi,

My best advice, when faced with unknown fastener torque values, is to "Google" for a nut and bolt torque chart. These charts list the tightening values for nuts and bolts based on their dimensional qualities. These are standard industry torque values and apply to all bolts. Most can be printed for reference.
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts