Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well to start off thanks to everyone who has helped me to figure out some problems with my car now i have some more.

First:
right turn signal blinks but the left blinker but its not as bright as the right turn signal when i have the running lights off. The left blinker works just fine with and with out running lights

Second:
when i have the lights on the brake lights look like they are depress and are bright but when i have the lights off the brake lights work just fine

Third:
both my Fuel and temp gauge read Empty or cold all the time, i've changed the constant voltage regulator twice and it works for a few min then it goes out and comes back up to normal then it dies out.

All the wire harness and turn signal harness are brand new Ford Factory replica for the 1965 mustang even the light switch is new and also the flasher relay is new also dont know what else could be wrong with it

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Well the first one sounds like a bad ground. For the lighting on the brakes, there are two filaments to the bulbs. The brightest is the brake light. Check by turning them on and see if it gets brighter when you hit the brakes. It's possible the grounds are bad there too. How's your engine to frame ground?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that was the problem with the brake lights was the terminals on the brake light housing were touching it self.

all right now the gauges which ground are you talking about. are you talking about the ground that goes from the starter relay to the engine or something else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.