Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whom has replaced there original wiring harness (I would like to hear from you)...how did it go, etc?

What brand did you use (Painless, EZWiring, etc)? What kit did you use (universal, Mustang, etc)? Has anyone purchased one off of eBay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) I've replaced a bunch of them. There is an as-original reproduction available from most vendors of vintage mustang parts. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is, but I've never had any problems with the harness itself. The thing about using the painless harness is that you are completely on your own from that point on as far as diagnosing any electrical problems. There are a number of advantages to having your wiring look like the factory wiring diagrams. Replacing it isn't really a big deal, but, if you've never done it before, count on it taking a bit more than an afternoon.:gringreen

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really worried about doing the wiring (it is a 65...no CPU, efi, etc) ;-) I'm more interested in the quality of different wiring harnesses out there...I just can't see spending 600, 700, 800, etc on a harness!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.