Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, 4bbl (EDL2121) to replace my stock manifold. On the front of the manifold where the thermostat housing attaches to it, on the stock unit, the manifold has a recessed ring in which the thermostat sensor will fit. On the new unit, that cut out recessed area does not exist, thus making no room for the sensor.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know if I can buy a thermostat housing which will replace the stock unit in which I can place the sensor, or if there is another way I can pick up a reading on the engine temp? Thanks!

1966 Mustang 289 4bbl, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Holley 4bbl non adjustable float carb.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are you referring to your temperature gauge sending unit? If so there are two holes that enter the water jacket on that intake. The one directly behind the thermostat housing is for the heater hose, the one opposite it on the front left(driverside) of it is for your temperature sensor. You may need an adapter, easily found at most home improvement stores, to fit your sending unit. If you're talking about your thermostat itself, you can use an aftermarket thermostat housing. The aftermarket housing runs between 10-15 dollars and have the recess in them for the thermostat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.