Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently took off the manifold along with the assembly with all the valves and found that there were bad gaskets and that's why the compression was low. Put new one on, put the valves back on and adjusted them and now when it started, it runs so-so in park and it dies when put into hear. But before we took everything apart, it ran it gear and park, not perfectly, but it did run.

One guy said it could be the balancer?

Sorry for the lack of specific info. I didn't work on it when this time so I'm not sure about everything.

If you need to know anything else I'll find out.

Thanks, Stang-289

·
Registered
53 Posts
We recently took off the manifold along with the assembly with all the valves and found that there were bad gaskets and that's why the compression was low. Put new one on, put the valves back on and adjusted them and now when it started, it runs so-so in park and it dies when put into hear. But before we took everything apart, it ran it gear and park, not perfectly, but it did run.

One guy said it could be the balancer?

Sorry for the lack of specific info. I didn't work on it when this time so I'm not sure about everything.

If you need to know anything else I'll find out.

Thanks, Stang-289
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This happend to me years ago with a 65 truck i had. Turned out to be simple as no tranny fluid. First thing check that.

How is the idle at park ?
How is your idle when you put the car in gear ?

What happens in park when you rev up the engine ? Constantly rev up RPM ?

Curious - check tranny fluid when running ? How much fluid was in there and if that fixed the problem ?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Okay you had the heads off, and the intake off then you replaced it all. How is the timing, that could be one problem. Carburator out of adjustment, vacuum leak make sure you have all vacuum lines hooked up and no cracks in them. Make sure your valves, weren't taken down too tight. Check for vacuum leak, take a can of carburator cleaner and spray around all the edges of the intake, and carb if your idle goes up you found your problem. Also check the rest mentioned, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts