Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Currently trying to figure out my emergency light issue. When i flick the switch int he glove compartment for the emergency flasher, nothing happens, until i put my foot on the brake pedal where the two front indicators both come on however they dont flash. I am assuming the previous owner has wired something wrong, or is this how all 66 mustangs are?

Anyone had any experience with this part of the car?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Yes (not right)...sounds like the power is connected to the brake pedal switch....wrong........

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The emergency flasher is under the dash, about in the middle, resting on the top of the inside of the sheet metal. See if it is plugged in. Look at all the wires and to see if all the connectors are plugged in. That is most likely the original switch, so the contacts inside may be covered in crud, so move it on and off a bunch of times.

If you find nothing, then you will have to trace the wires and see if you can find a mistake. Lots of diagrams on the web.

The lights on these old cars do crazy things when they have a bad ground.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If I recall correctly, mine stop flashing when I press the brake pedal. If the brake lights come on when you press the pedal, I doubt the problem is in the brake switch. It's just a switch that opens and closes a circuit. It has two wires going to it. Both are the same color because it doesn't matter which wire goes to the two terminals on the switch. Driveway has some good suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts