Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kept hearing a weird noise from underneath hood on first start of the day lately. So i took belts off...no noise. Both pulleys turned freely but Alternator pulleys did make some noise when turned by hand. Replaced belts & used the ears to figure out the noise was more on pass side then in middle.

Seen they were hard to find in both catalogs i have. So called Napa and it was $55 for alternator. So i drove to get it since there was no dead battery issue YET. looked at it, looked good. The alternator said Autolite on rear and Delco on pulleys. lol what a match!

yes i know there is no pretty Autolite stamp on it, but at $62 (with lifetime warranty & tax - not to mention it came with both fan & pulleys) it was good deal. Fan & pulleys are even correct color. In the catalog, you have to order the alternator and fan and pulleys...one total was at $200 and 5-7 days to get it. Fan & pulleys are even correct color on my Autolite/Delco one!

Just wanted to share my story of NOT being stranded with dead battry and the Autolite/Delco names. The core was $5.50, not $70. That was a good selling point too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
good, it's always better to check prices in more than one place, when i replaced my windshield i look around the entire city and found one new & ready to go for $100USD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts