Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a slight problem. Well, it isn't so much a problem, it's more of an annoyance and an embarrassment.

For some reason, my front right brake keeps screeching when braking. I replaced the shoes and the drums last month. I have Wagner thermoquiet shoes, and the drums have been checked to see if they are still round (they are).

What could be causing this? It's only when I brake, and it's only that wheel. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I replaced the rubber brake lines also I replaced 1 brake drum both front brakes and it took some time to 'bed' in but after 25 miles and adjusting again it settled down and all is ok at the moment.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I've driven the car more than 25 miles. I drive the car 60 miles a day for work, and I did the brakes last month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know I've driven the car more than 25 miles. I drive the car 60 miles a day for work, and I did the brakes last month.
the problem with my front right brake getting hot and making noise was the rubber hose was old it swelled when pressure was on and contracted when releasing that caused my small problem, new hose fixed it. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
This is not uncommon on drum brakes, remove the drums, and take a rough cut file and file a chamfer on each end of the brake linings (not the sides) about halfway to the steel on the shoes, this should take care of the screeching. Good Luck.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd pull the drum off just to check everything. My dad's rear drum brake was screeching terribly one time. When we pulled the drum off it seems that the shoe had actually detached itself from the steel backing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts